Wednesday 18 December 2013

Grateful...

TODAY; I reminisced, I looked back, I reflected, and I realised how lucky I am....

I was out on company business with my best male friend but it seemed more like a casual drive around town. We talked about a lot of things, but most especially, our individual experiences. He spoke to me, and tried to make me reason differently on a number of topics. I learnt quite a lot from his stories and was greatly inspired by his words. He talked to me about Love; the love of our Lord, what love should mean, and how love should be interpreted. He told me love should be spiritual, and beyond the physical. Love should be identical to how our God loves us, it should be selfless and everlasting. Love should be everything that's different from what we see in our environment today.

Who do you love most in this world?...
My automatic response was "my sister of course", and my darling George simply smiled and corrected me. The person you love most in this world is you! In my opinion, loving yourself greatly before anybody else inhibits you from being able to portray the kind of love our God showers on us. If we cannot love like God, then we can at least try to  make the other person smile. Nothing makes George happier than seeing me (as well as the next person) smile, and to me, that is the greatest kind of love mortals can have. Going out of your way to see someone else smile is not a very popular act in our community and it doesn't make us too friendly. God loves those that show love to the common man without expecting anything in return but a smile...

A friend is someone that should love you, be there for you when you need them, encourage you against all odds, and ensure that you don't doubt their place in your life. I found out that while sulking that I did not have too many friends to talk to and have fun with at the moment, I actually have that one (1) special friend that have taken the place of ten (10) "friends" in my life. A friend that understands you without judging, while trying to help you become a better person. It took a talk about the love of God to realise it, but I do know now that I am genuinely loved, not just by my family, but by friends that are selfless in all accounts. To top that, God constantly remains faithful and merciful to me...

I'm Blessed!



Con amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment