Wednesday 27 June 2012

Truly yours...

1st lemme start with this; I love you. YES you!, reading this post. You probably have me figured out than my boyfriend do, or is it lover? Partner? (Whatever the heck they call it these days).

I was typing a post when this inspiration came to me; My boyfriend, lover, partner, soul mate. I realised I dint actually know the right term to describe him with. Which got me thinking; "a lot of us don't know the right term to give the various people in our lives, we prefer to just use any adjective to qualify them and it's just pathetic". Let's face it, the fact that I'm in love with a guy doesn't mean he's my soul mate nor does it mean he's my lover. Or does it? Like I said earlier, "a lot of "US" don't know how best to describe the people in our lives". So, here's my analysis based on my judgement, and that of some people I asked.:

 »Girlfriend/boyfriend- your friend that's a girl/boy. At least this is the correct definition, until people decided it should be used for people you're in relationships with.
 »Lover- a person you're sexually active with. It could be someone you're in love with, and otherwise.
 »Soul mate-someone you believe to have been sent to you from above. Most likely, as a companion.
 »Partner- someone you're with comfortably, either for love or companionship. It could be marriage, a serious relationship, or a fling.
 »Baby- this is just a term used to generally express fondness for someone. That someone could be the person you're in a relationship with, or just a close friend.
 »Darling- someone dear to your heart. It could be an ordinary friend.
 »Sweetheart- also very dear to your heart.
 »Beau- I personally think this should be used to refer someone you're in love with. You've gotta be in love with a guy, before you stand proudly and say, "that's my beau!".

This is as far as the list goes for me... Feel free to add to it, make your own suggestions, or create your own list/definitions. Do share your list here!



Con amor

4 comments:

  1. CHACHA: SOME1 NOT SURE OF WHAT THEY FEEL OR SUM1 THAT CANT BE HONEST TO THEMSELVES AND OTHERS ABOUT THEIR FEELINGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... ChaCha? Neva heard of it, but thankx for enlightening us.

      Delete
  2. Cough cough...Lady Aries r we missing some gist....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebony... *winks* Not entirely a gist to be confessed infront of kids!.

      Delete