Thursday 19 June 2014

Happily Never After?...

My Nikkah was the best and most glamorous event this town had ever seen. It was filled with colours and the open space couldn't have seen better decorations. My husband and I decided on a garden wedding as our theme, so we had to to create a garden on an open field at a fine location. We had so many visitors and well wishers, that there was barely any space left on the field. The Imam joined us as man and wife quickly, and wasted no time quoting verses from the Qur'an. Wedding reception started immediately and it wasn't a dull moment from beginning till the end. The food was surplus, laugh was contagious, and dance was FUN! We didn't want it all to end, but we had to rest, to begin our lives as man and wife. I had booked a room (the honeymoon suite) at a prestigious hotel to spend our wedding night in before leaving for Bahamas in d morning. To my surprise however, my husband had no desire of spending our special night in an hotel. He felt like being around people, namely: his family. His suggestion was cool with me, because they are my family too. I'm not saying that because we just got married, its the truth. I am a lucky woman: blessed with an amazing man, and wonderful in-laws. His parents adopted me as their daughter since they first laid eyes on me. Tayo and I were so much in love! We had only been dating for 10months when he asked me to marry him, but anyone would assume we had been together forever! His mum often joked about how her son might have lived unhappily if he had never met me. We got married legally (at the registry) about 2 months before our Nikkah took place. Tayo insisted we consummate the wedding for the first time that night, and after that, we could barely keep our hands off each other. It was no secret to either family, but they weren't bothered because we both had very busy schedules and with the wedding preps? We didn't see often. The Times we did see though, was always magical. I found out I was expecting our first child 2 weeks before the Nikkah. I told my mothers about it but urged them to keep it from my husband. I wanted that to be his wedding gift, given to him on our proper wedding night. I anticipated the moment and ordered flowers for the suite at the hotel, which wouldn't be used now. I quickly let my thoughts slide as Tayo hung up the cell. It was his best man that called to wish him well. If truth be told, Tayo looked genuinely happy and I smiled to myself. Happy, Content, and Positively in love.... for the rest of my days.- My wedding goal!
We got home (his parents), and water was poured on my leg (for fun, as they had no idea how to perform the rite) before my husband carried me in. We showered, changed into casuals, prayed with the family, had some fruit and talked. My in-laws took the time to advice us both, gave us candid talks, and possible solutions to some popular problems newlyweds usually face. It was almost 10pm when I excused myself. It had been a long day, I was tired and we're going on our honeymoon the next morning. I also had it nagging my mind that I was yet to tell Tayo he would be a father. If I hadn't slept yet before he came in, then I would still tell him tonight. I could hear his mother telling him to come join me in the room, and I ran into the bedroom to wear my sexy wedding lingerie. I didn't have to look in the mirror, I only had to judge by the feel of the satin and lace material on my body. I am beautiful, and I feel sexy as hell! A few minutes after I sat down to brush my hair and pack it in a cute way for the night, I heard faint footsteps ascending the stairs. I jumped unto the bed when I had made sure my hair complemented my outfit, and laid in a provocative manner. Butterflies played around in my abdomen. I was anxious to see the look on his when he walked into the room. I had on my megawatt smile as the door opened, only for my smile to be wiped away.....

No comments:

Post a Comment